Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Remember Joe?


Lori Grant sent me this picture of Joe. It was on his birthday, probably his last one. It brought back so many great memories. Joe was the sweetest man on earth and a very treasured employee at KC's One Stop. Here are a few things I remember and loved about him.
  1. Riding his bike over the bell at the drive-up window.
  2. Don making him "scream like a girl"
  3. Reading him the jokes on his Popsicle stick. Then he would say "pretty funny huh?"
  4. He was so dependable, always there to do the garbage.
  5. Watching him spray off the parking lot with that sweet smile on his face.
  6. He loved all the employees at KC's especially "Trixie"
  7. He loved to sneak up on you and scare you, then he would say "scared ya huh?"
  8. His jewelry phase.
  9. He lived to be in the Salem Days Pageant every year.
  10. He always told us we were his favorite gas station!
Love you Joe!

6 comments:

Chase Family said...

He was such a great guy! I remember hen I had just finishes mopping the whole floor and he got mad at me for some reason, and he poured his 7up all over the floor. Then the next day he was there to say.."I guess I got mad hu, not very funny hu" What a fun memory!

Jana Nielson said...

I loved Joe!! When he got his ear pierce...funny huh!
We still sing a Christmas song that we made up about Joe....I'll sing it for you sometime....even if you don't want me to!!!

Chaotic Monarchy said...

make me cry why don't you... i remember someone saying at his funeral that Joe was no longer limited by his disability and me wanting to punch his/her lights out b/c to me Joe's "disabilities" never held him back. I miss you Yellow Bike Joe.

Josh & Kenz said...

Joe is one of a kind! I loved closing when he would take garbages out. He would say "i'm leavin" and head for the door, I would say "No no don't go Joe I'm scared" he would say "you scared huh? He would do it over and over just so I would say how scared I was and that I wanted him to stay. Everybody needs Joe in there life.

whit & dan said...

carrie come come. it would be so much fun! just bring your bag on thursday to the wedding and we'll start the party then!

Kris said...

Carrie,
I ran into your blog through Shelley's and even I remember Joe. Both Courtnie and Nick loved Joe, so I sent his picture to them. Kris